The Northport Summer Bike Camp
REGISTRATION OPENS WEDNESDAY JANUARY 13, at 7:00 AM
HAVE A BIKE-TASTIC SUMMER
Give your child a bike-tastic summer! Norte’s Summer Bike Camps are an adventure-based, week-long, half-day camp. It teaches kids urban bike safety skills through empowerment, education, and adventure—many adventures.
In addition to making new friends, staying active, and having the best summer ever, all summer bike campers will:
- Explore their town on their bike, and discover its excellent places.
- Learn to bike safely and bike smart around town with their friends.
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills. Knowing how to change a flat or adjust your brakes is powerful.
- Transform into a bike handling ninja.
COVID-19 & BIKE CAMP
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our teammates, staff, and their families. We’re able to deliver the Mountain Bike program confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
Norte commits to reinforcing indispensable public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community—happy, healthy, strong. They include wearing masks from start to finish, practicing social distancing, following healthy habits, and monitoring our health. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one-page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
NORTHPORT CAMP DETAILS
There are bike camp sessions for young people in three grade-categories: Incoming 1st and 2nd graders, 3rd and 4th graders, and 5th and 6th graders.
What’s required? A Positive attitude! And, students need to be able to comfortably ride 3–4 miles (1st–2nd grade), 5-6 miles (3rd–4th), 7-8 miles (5th–6th grade).
- 9:00 AM-noon, Monday to Friday
- Starts and ends at the Marina park
- 3rd-4th graders: July 12-16, 2021
- 5th-6th graders: August 2-6, 2021
- 1st-2nd graders: August 16-20, 2021
ALL CAMPERS RECEIVE
- A super cool wicking Norte T-shirt
WHAT IS BIKE CAMP?
Norte’s tried and true model of riding bikes to explore our area and learn how to navigate. Some days we ride far. Some days we find a fantastic playground, park or beach nearby. Regardless, each day the bike is our adventure vehicle, and our legs are our engines!
Bike mechanics? Each day will include some exploration of real-life bike problems that can arise while enjoying our bikes. Whether it’s a daily ABC bike check or trying to figure out what that squeaking noise is, bike camp relies on bikes, so most of the bike fixes will take place in the field with our own bikes. Note, Norte staff cannot fix every bike problem that comes up during the week, so please inspect bikes or take them to a local bike shop before coming to camp to make sure:
- it still fits the rider
- the tires hold air
- both brakes work
- it changes gears properly, if applicable
No bike? Norte’s Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library may help with bikes available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact a staff member at email@example.com or 231-883-2404 to get one reserved.
- 10% off Bike Camp when registering siblings.
- Discounts only apply for registrations that are purchased in the same order (i.e., as part of the same cart).
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships for every one of our programs available (One scholarship per child per season). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or 231-883-2404) to request a scholarship before registering.
We know plans and circumstances change. Please read through the Norte cancellation policy below.
Cancellations Initiated by a Parent/Guardian or Participant
- Requests sent 4+ weeks prior to the camp session start date will be issued a 100% refund minus a $10 service fee
- Requests sent 2+ weeks prior to the camp session start date will be issued a 75% refund.
- Requests sent within 2 weeks of the camp session start will not receive a refund.
Cancelations Initiated by State or Local Authorities (ex. COVID-19)
- If a Norte program cannot begin due to State or local policies, a full refund will be issued.
- If a Norte program has already begun and continuation is prohibited by State or local policies, a prorated refund will be issued.
Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com.
MORE CAMP LOCATION DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
NORTE IS HIRING!
Have a look at our latest job postings, including summer bike camp coaches, if you think teaching kids to fall in love with biking sounds like a fun way to spend the morning.