The Frozen Rabbit Run
We’re thrilled to be the nonprofit partner of Running Fit’s 3rd annual Northern Michigan Frozen Rabbit 5K Run/Walk. This super cool, super fun, super family—and dog—friendly 5K is on January 1 with a staggered start beginning at 9 am and wrapping up by 1 pm. The run/walk starts and ends at the Norte Wheelhouse at the Civic Center.
We will send more detailed instructions on our COVID-19 safety measures for Frozen Rabbit as the New Year approaches. Face-coverings are required for all participants whenever around others, like arriving and gathering at the start line. During the run/walk, Face-coverings are not necessary, but participants may choose to do so.
- $5 before 12/16/20
- $10 before 12/31/20
- $5 off for families with three or more racers
- 12 and under join for free of charge
All proceeds benefit our youth programs.
A fun twist to the event: the course will take you to the Downtown Running Fit store to find further instructions with the possibility of earning in-store discounts!
Frozen Rabbit proceeds will support scholarships for four of our youth programs:
Volunteers are always appreciated for this fun run. Please contact Lauren@elgruponorte.org for volunteering details.
THANK YOU, RUNNING FIT FOR FOR SUPPORTING HAPPY, HEALTHY, STRONG KIDS!
Thank you also to our generous warm drink sponsors, Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate and Stockist.
Can’t make the run/walk but want to support our programs? Please make a donation:
Norte Scholarship Fund
So kids can participate in our after-school and summer programs no matter their family's means.
The Solution, bike mechanics class for the young and young at heart= $15
The Bike Más Project, after-school, adventure-based bike safety program for upper elementary and middle school students= $35
Farm Team, after-school mountain bike program for elementary students = $85
Traverse City Summer Bike Camp, week-long camp teaching knowledge, confidence, and independence through adventure for elementary and middle school students = $110
Middle/High School Mountain Bike Team, after-school mountain bike program = $135
Learn more about these programs HERE.
Norte is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID 46-4861142), and your gift is tax deductible as allowed by law.
- Health Check – Self monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Socialize Outside – You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside. If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and limit time inside together.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Keep it Down – When possible, keep voices down. Higher volumes can increase COVID transmission by 30 times.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.