Sábados Grand Traverse: A Weekly Family Walk/Run To Support Active-For-Life Kids
What are families to do between bike and ski season in Northern Michigan? Run and walk, of course.
In partnership with the Traverse City Track Club, Running Fit, Northwestern Michigan College, Grand Traverse County Health and Wellness, and Michigan Runner Girl, Sábados Grand Traverse (SGT) is a family-friendly walking/running group at the Civic Center during the shoulder season where we get outside with friends, walk/run around in circles on the track, and have FUN.
November and December can be grim but together we’ll encourage each other to get out and walk/run as a family for 7 consecutive Saturdays for a good cause, Norte’s Youth Scholarship Fund.
We walk/run every Saturday morning after Iceman until the New Year’s Day Frozen Rabbit Race. SGT starts November 14th.
Meet at the Civic Center Wheelhouse at 10:00 AM.
Everyone. All ages and abilities are welcome.
While most will walk/run 1 -4 laps of the Civic Center track, you’re welcome to do how many laps you want.
100% of proceeds to benefit which active-for-life kids through our Youth Scholarship Fund.
- Free Frozen Rabbit – New Year’s Day 5K – entry
- 10% off at Running Fit
- $10 off Farmland 5K & Free for All Bike race entry
- $10 off any NMC Extended Education class
- 10% off Michigan Runner Girl gear
- 30% off the 2020 Norte jersey
$10 REGISTRATION DISCOUNT FOR:
- All Traverse City Track Club members
- Use code TCTC20
- All Grand Traverse County employees
- Use code GTC20
- All Northwestern Michigan College employees and students
- Use code NMC20
- Signing up at a Running Fit location
- Use code RUN20
Let’s walk/run together, responsibly.
- Health Check – Do not join the walk if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or related symptoms.
- Mask Up – This run/walk is accessible, go at your own pace event. We ask that all participants wear masks when gathered. If you need one, we have orange ones in the store!
- Maintain a Safe Distance – Although maintaining exactly 6-feet distance on the Civic Center’s path might be difficult, we ask that everyone does their best. If we all avoid close contact with people outside of our bubble, we will help #Stopthespread. This event is outdoors and, as such, is a low-risk activity.
- Wash Hands – We won’t be washing our hands when we meet, but please wash up before you come and as soon as possible when done. Soap + Water + 20 Seconds!
If you have any questions, let us know at email@example.com.
The Traverse City Track Club is doing amazing things in our community. If you’re not a TCTC member, you should be. Sign up HERE.
Running Fit has wonderful and knowledgeable staff. And they like to run, a lot. Check them out HERE.
Michigan Runner Girl has developed a beautiful website that is all things running, wellness, and fun in the Great Lakes State. Read the blog HERE.