The Bike Más Project: An After-School Bike Club
FALL REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 20TH, 2020 AT 7AM
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders. This after school program empowers youth through lots and lots of adventure. We get them rolling and exploring!
We’re using Active Network for registration again this year. If you’re new to the program, registration is fast, easy, and secure. If you previously participated in a Norte program, then you already have an account created. Sign in at the top of the registration page (button up), or enter your email address username when prompted–no need to create a new family account for 2020!
Having trouble registering? Watch this how-to video with Coach Ben.
RIDE WITH TEAM ORANGE!
The Bike Mas Project hits the streets and trails again this fall with sensational upper elementary and middle students. Our goal is to unleash confidence, courage, and heart through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be smart, independent, strong, and confident.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FOR THE BIKE MAS PROJECT
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our teammates, staff, and their families. We’re able to deliver The Bike Mas Project confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
The following precautions are integrated into our sessions. Norte commits to reinforcing indispensable public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community – happy, healthy, strong. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
Some of the precautionary steps we’re taking include:
- Social Distancing – Riders will maintain a six-foot distance from others when gathered before, during, and after sessions. Riders stick with the same small team of five and one coach.
- Masks – Face coverings are not required when riding. However, they remain necessary on arrival, during breaks, and during instruction time. Norte has performance masks available in our online store.
- Monitoring – We require all coaches and teammates to complete an online health screen before practice begins every day. Riders who are ill or have come in contact with someone COVID-19 positive may not participate until cleared. We ask that families help us keep everyone safe. Failure to complete the health screen may result in dismissal from the program.
- Healthy Habits – We ask riders to follow strict hygiene measures. No sharing. No spitting. No gross “snot-rockets.” If a rider needs to sneeze or cough, covering up with a handkerchief or releasing it into the arm is the rule. Also, we ask that all participants wash their hands with soap and water before coming to practice and that they carry their own hand sanitizer.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines. If you have any questions related to our pandemic response, please contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE BIKE MÁS PROJECT TEACHES KIDS…
- Bike safe skills
- Basic bike repair and maintenance skills
- Confidence and independence
- Sweet bike handling skills!
- Get fit and have fun–lots of fun!
Fall 2020 Bike Mas starts the week of 9/21/20
- Suttons Bay – Mondays and Wednesdays (two sessions) at Suttons Bay Public School
- Old Mission Peninsula School – Fridays at the Clubhouse
- Grand Traverse Academy – Fridays at the Clubhouse
- East Middle – Wednesdays at the Clubhouse
- Cherry Knoll – Mondays at the Clubhouse
- Immaculate Conception – Fridays at IC
- SEAS – Fridays at the Clubhouse
- Pathfinder – Fridays at the Clubhouse
Each session meets immediately after school and we roll for 90 minutes. Each session begins and ends at school (a few sessions also meet at the Norte Clubhouse. Transportation from the school to the Clubhouse is not provided).
The Bike Más Project meets once a week for 4 weeks. Fall season starts the 2nd Monday after Labor Day, and the Spring season begins the 2nd Monday of May. If you don’t see your school below or this isn’t the program you’re looking for, you can find a program that’s right for your family at Norte Bike Programs.
- Bring a water bottle, snack, helmet, and bike to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to a minimum and maximum of five participants. If five participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a refund provided.
- Unless otherwise noted, participants will meet the instructor in front of the school immediately after dismissal.
- Wheelhouse sessions options for students who attend a school that is not safe or conducive to on-street riding. (Old Mission Peninsula School, Grand Traverse Academy, East Middle School, Cherry Knoll Elementary, SEAS etc.)
- If the host school is closed, no after school activities will be held per school policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Need a bike? Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
BIKE MÁS KIDS PROJECT RECEIVE…
- A sweet wicking Norte T-shirt. If you already have a shirt, you can take $10 off something in our very orange online store
- Participants must be able to comfortably ride 4 miles (3rd-5th grade) or 8 miles (6th-7th grade).
- A positive attitude and some basic bike-riding ability.
- $45 for the 4-week program
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- If canceling for any reason up to one month prior to the start of the program, your full registration fee will be refunded.
- 80% of registration fees are refundable if notice is given prior to 14 days of the program start date.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable if notice is given inside of 14 days of the program start date.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org