The Bike Más Project
The Bike Más Project teaches urban bike safety skills to 4th and 5th graders (6th graders at Glenn Loomis too!) through empowerment, education, and adventure. Much adventure!
The Bike Más Project kids will:
- Explore Traverse City on their bike and discover its many awesome places
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Become a bike handling ninja. ‘Cause better bike handling = less crashing 🙂
- Build confidence. Get fit. And have FUN!
2017 after-school fall schedule (1x/week x 5 weeks starting the week of September 11th):
- Central Grade – Wednesdays
- Immaculate Conception – Tuesdays
- Traverse Heights – Thursdays
- Willow Hill – Wednesdays
- Glenn Loomis – Mondays
Each session meets immediately after school and is 90 minutes long. The program begins/ends at school and is limited to six participants. Students will be selected randomly a week before the program starts. Thanks to a Rotary Club grant, our bike library has several bikes and helmets to loan out as needed.