The Bike Más Project
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders through empowerment, education, and adventure. Mucho adventure!
The Bike Más Project kids will:
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Become a bike handling ninja.
- Build confidence. Get fit. And have FUN!
Spring 2019 schedule:
Each session meets immediately after school and is 90 minutes long. The program begins/ends at school except for a few schools which will meet at the Clubhouse or Wheelhouse. Transportation from the school to the Clubhouse/Wheelhouse is not provided.
We meet once a week for 4 weeks and sessions start the week of May 13, 2019.
- East Middle (meets at the Clubhouse at 4pm)
- Elk Rapids-Cherryland
- Northern Michigan Partnership (meets at the Wheelhouse at 2pm)
- Northport – 3rd-5th graders
- Old Mission Penisula (meet at Wheelhouse at 4pm)
- Central Grade
- Long Lake
- West Middle
- Willow Hill
- Traverse Heights
- Glenn Loomis
- Northport – 6th-8th graders
- Grand Traverse Academy (meets at the Clubhouse at 4:30pm)
- Elk Rapids – Lakeland
- Pathfinder (meets at Clubhouse at 4:30pm)
- Silver Lake
- Immaculate Conception (meets at Holy Angels)
- Cherry Knoll
- Trinity Lutheran
- Bring a water bottle, helmet, bike and snack to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to five (5) participants. If 5 participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a refund provided.
- Participants will meet the instructor in the school library immediately after dismissal.
- In the host school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
Every Bike Mas Project participant will also receive:
- a sweet Norte shirt
- a free family membership to our Clubhouse
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 5-8 miles (4th-5th grade) or 8-10 miles (6th-7th grade)
- Details HERE
Huge thanks to our sponsors for supporting happy, healthy, strong kids: