The Bike Más Project
IN-PERSON PROGRAM CANCELED: FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAM REGISTRATION NOW OPEN HERE
SPRING SEASON BEGINS MAY 11, 2020
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders. This after school program empowers youth through lots and lots of adventure. We get them rolling and exploring!
BIKE MÁS PROJECT KIDS…
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Build confidence
- Turn into bike handling ninjas!
- Get fit and have fun–lots of fun!
Each session meets immediately after school and we roll for 90 minutes. Each session begins and ends at school (a few sessions also meet at the Norte Wheelhouse. Transportation from the school to the Wheelhouse is not provided).
The Bike Más Project meets once a week for 4 weeks. Fall season starts the 2nd Monday after Labor Day, and the Spring season begins the 2nd Monday of May. If you don’t see your school below or this isn’t the program you’re looking for, you can find a program that’s right for your family at Norte Bike Programs.
- Westwoods Elementary is one of Norte’s Youth Mountain Bike Team practice locations. 3:45 pm practice times available. Details: elgruponorte.org/mountainbike
- Bring a water bottle, snack, helmet, and bike to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to a minimum and maximum of five Participants. If five Participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a refund provided.
- Unless otherwise noted, participants will meet the instructor in the school library immediately after dismissal.
- Wheelhouse sessions options for students who attend a school that is not safe or conducive to on-street riding. (Old Mission Peninsula School, Grand Traverse Academy, East Middle School, Cherry Knoll Elementary, etc.)
- If the host school is closed, no after school activities will be held per school policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Need a bike? Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
BIKE MÁS KIDS PROJECT RECEIVE…
- A sweet wicking Norte T-shirt. If you already have a shirt, you can take $10 off something in our very orange online store
- A free family membership to our Clubhouse and community bike shop. Come in and fix your bike!
By the end of the Bike Más Project sessions, kids will be able to comfortably ride 5-8 miles (4th-5th grade) or 8-10 miles (6th-7th grade). In order to get there, we require a positive attitude and some basic bike-riding ability.
- $35 for the 4 week program
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or 231-883-2404) to request a scholarship prior to registering.
- If canceling for any reason up to one month prior to the start of the program, your full registration fee will be refunded.
- 80% of registration fees are refundable if notice is given prior to 7 days of the program start date.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable if notice is given within 7 days of the program start date.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com
Please join us in giving thanks to our generous sponsors. Their support creates happy, healthy, strong kids.