The Bike Más Project
SPRING SEASON BEGINS MAY 11, 2020
(Registration begins soon)
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders. This after school program empowers youth through lots and lots of adventure. We get them rolling and exploring!
Bike más kids…
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Build confidence
- Turn into bike handling ninjas!
- Get fit and have fun–lots of fun
Each session meets immediately after school and we roll for 90 minutes. Each session begins and ends at school except for a few schools which will meet at the Clubhouse or Wheelhouse. Transportation from the school to the Clubhouse or Wheelhouse is not provided.
The Bike Más Project meets once a week for 4 weeks. Fall season starts the 2nd Monday after Labor Day, and Spring season begins the 2nd Monday of May. If you don’t see your school below or this isn’t the program you’re looking for, you can find a program that’s right for your family at Norte Bike Programs.
- Bring a water bottle, snack, helmet, and bike to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to a minimum of five Participants. If five Participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a refund provided.
- Unless otherwise noted, participants will meet the instructor in the school library immediately after dismissal.
- If the host school is closed, no after school activities will be held per school policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Need a bike? Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
Bike Más kids recieve…
- A sweet wicking Norte T-shirt. If you already have a shirt, you can take $10 off something in our very orange online store
- A free family membership to our Clubhouse and community bike shop. Come in and fix your bike!
By the end of the Bike Más Project sessions, kids will be able to comfortably ride ride 5-8 miles (4th-5th grade) or 8-10 miles (6th-7th grade). In order to get there, we require a positive attitude and some basic ability.
The cost for the four-week program is $35. If you would like a scholarship, please let us know. Thanks to our generous sponsors, no-one is turned away. Details at Norte Scholarships.
Ready to register? Registration opens January 6, 2020!
Please join us in giving thanks to our generous sponsors. Their support creates happy, healthy, strong kids.