Bike Mas Project Instructor
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and urban bike safety skills to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders through empowerment, education, and adventure. Mucho adventure!
The Bike Más Project kids will:
- Explore Traverse City on their bike and discover its many awesome places
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Become a bike handling ninja. ‘Cause better bike handling = less crashing 🙂
- Build confidence. Get fit. And have FUN!
Fall 2018 schools:
- Central Grade
- Cherry Knoll
- Elk Rapids – Cherryland
- Elk Rapids – Lakeland
- Immaculate Conception
- Long Lake
- Northport Public School
- Silver Lake
- TCAPS Montessori at Glenn Loomis
- Traverse Heights
- West Middle
- Willow Hill
Instructors are welcome to help at one school or several schools.
Specific days of the week are not set and will be set to accommodate instructor’s schedule.
Bike Mas Project instructors should:
- believe in the Norte vision
- love to ride bikes
- love working with kids
- love helping kids succeed
- be able to attend a mandatory 2-hour training session
- be knowledgeable about or willing to learn bike safety
- have basic bike repair skills
- be available for all 4 weeks of the program
- be current on CPR/First Aid certification (classes available)
- be awesome people
- like the color orange
- be able to write clear, concise, timely, error-free emails to their program participants on a weekly basis
Instructors are paid $120/session.
Please email resume stating your suitability for this position to Executive Director Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Grupo Norte Youth Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.