Virtual Bike Más Project
With COVID-19 canceling our school-based, in-person spring programs, we’re excited to offer our adventure-based urban bike safety program virtually to families in the Grand Traverse region.
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 3rd-6th graders. Join lots of other kids from across the 5 county area here in Northwestern Michigan to ride bikes and learn new skills together, but separately. All abilities and experience levels welcome.
- The program starts the week of May 4th and is 5 weeks long.
- Weekly sessions feature four types of assignments. The expectation is that you’ll complete and “turn in” by Sunday night each week. Assignments include:
- Bonus point
- Expect about 90 minutes of riding and learning/week.
- You can complete the sessions whenever is convenient for your family.
- Weekly, 20 minute, face to face meets with all program participants will happen at 4:30pm on Mondays via the Google Classroom platform. These will be facilitated by a Norte staff member to chat about what we’ve learned, how things are going, and what’s coming next. Plus we just want to see all your smiley faces.
- No bike? No problem. We have several sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed from the Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library.
- A positive attitude and willingness to get outside, ride bikes, and learn new skills.
- Thanks to our many generous donors we’re able to offer this program FREE! of charge families