2018 Sponsorship Opportunities
Norte is Traverse City’s bike-centric, youth-focused 501c3 advocacy organization. Our mission is to help build a stronger, better connected and more bike-friendly Traverse City by inspiring its young people through bicycles.
We are developing the next generation of happy, active, strong leaders through our many Safe Routes To School, #BikeTVC, mountain bike and winter programs and events.
We invite you to join us as a sponsor. Sponsoring Norte is a great way to demonstrate your commitment to a strong Traverse City by supporting our efforts to inspire, empower, educate, advocate and build community through bicycles.
This is a great brand building opportunity that will prominently feature your products and/or services to thousands of Norte supporters and event participants. Your company will be promoted as part of an extensive media and marketing campaign through advertisements, web and social media marketing, and print exposure.
The following benefits will be available to sponsors:
- Business exclusivity and official product status for key business categories
- Extensive media and public relations opportunities
- Logo on all posters, graphics and other promotional materials for program/event
- Logo and link on all elgruponorte.org web properties associated with program/event
- Media mentions about program/events where possible
- Special recognition at La Fiesta, our year end celebration of people on bicycles in Traverse City
- Logo and link on our 2x/monthly eNewsletter for the 2018 calendar year.
- Logo and link our Sponsor page for the 2018 calendar year
- Right to first refusal to sponsor the ever popular and awfully orange Norte cycling jersey when renewed in 2018
- Mucho praise, love and high fives via our various social media channels: facebook.com/nortetc, twitter.com/elgruponorte, instagram.com/elgruponorte
We’ve had a great 4th year but we’re just getting warmed up. 2018 is going to rock. We’re ready to dig deeper and wrap our bike loving arms around more people. Norte is committed to helping Traverse City become the happiest, healthiest and strongest small town in America but we need your help. We hope you’ll support our mission.
Sponsorship is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Norte! is a 501c3, EIN #46-4861142.
Sponsorship funds will support our many important youth programs:
- Scholarships for underserved youth to participate in The Bike Mas Project, our empowerment program that teaches bike safety through adventure.
- After school mountain bike program for elementary, middle and high school students
- Tools, supplies and parts for La Solucion, our after school learn to wrench program for elementary and middle school’ers.
- Bikes, helmets, locks and lights for the Estrellas and Bike Library that ensures awesome kids have awesome bikes to ride to school no matter their family’s resources.
- The Clubhouse, our home at the Civic Center for the bike library, youth programs, a community bike shop and after school hangout.
#BikeTVC programs and events:
Everybody on bicycles! Our #BikeTVC advocacy initiative is helping weave bicycles into the fabric of everyday life for a stronger, better connected Traverse City.
The Bike Mas Project Summer Camp: Week long, adventure-based summer camp teaching bike safety, confidence and independence.
Traverse City Bike Month: A community-wide celebration of National Bike Month. May is a big, big deal for people on bicycles in Traverse City.
Bike Night at the Bijou: Bicycles, beer and movies at our bike-tastic Bijou by the Bay theater.
TC Rides: A weekly summertime slow roll to raise awareness for the growing presence of people on bicycles. Short but sweet and awfully slow community ride ending at The Little Fleet for food truck eats and bevs.
Adventurama: Explore Traverse City. Seek treasure. Achieve glory. Find adventure. Much adventure! A game of strategy played atop bicycles on the neighborhood streets and trails of Traverse City. Part scavenger hunt. Part urban expedition. Part kids-on-bikes fundraiser. Part geo caching. Part costume contest. Full adventure!
La Fiesta: An annual celebration of people on bicycles in Traverse City with eats, drinks, high fives and pinata smashing too.
Traverse City Film Festival Bike Share:
TCFF long bike share:
National Cherry Festival Bike Valet: NCF-long bike valet at The Open Space.
Downtown Farmers Market Bike Valet: Season-long bike valet at the Saturday morning Sara Hardy Farmers Market.
Mountain Bike programs and events:
Less screen time, more bike time. Our mountain bike programming is building fitness, confidence and independence by way of adventures in our Northern Michigan forests.
Vasa Domingos: Weekly youth/family friendly shred on the Vasa trails from Mother’s Day to Iceman.
After school mountain bike program: For awesome elementary, middle and high school students.
Take a Girl Mountain Biking Day: We need more – lots more! – girls on bikes.
School programs and events:
Our comprehensive, Traverse City-wide program dedicated to empowering elementary and middle school students to actively transport themselves to school.
El Barrio Bike Fix: Pedal-powered mobile community bike shop and program that teaches basic bike repair and maintenance for elementary and middle school students.
TC Bikes To School Day: Traverse City-wide celebration of National Bikes To School Day on the first Wednesday of May.
TC Walks To School Day: Traverse City-wide celebration of National Walks To School Day on the first Wednesday of October.
Safe Routes To School Champion Awards: Traverse Cit-wide celebration of young walk/bike to school rock stars.
Estrellas: Learn to ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes at schools and in parks during the summer.
The Bike Mas Project: Adventure-based after school program teaching bike safety, confidence and independence.
Fridays Fantastico: A weekly celebration of kids walking/biking to school in Traverse City.
Bike Library: Allowing awesome kids to check out awesome bikes to ride to school no matter their family’s resources.
Winter programs and events:
Walk mas. Bike mas. Winter mas.
Winter Bike To Work and School Day: Traverse City-wide celebration of International Winter Bike To Work/School Day on the second Friday of February.
Winter Walk Wednesdays: A community-wide celebration of walking to work, school or just for fun during Traverse City’s awesom’est months. January through March.
The Great Traverse City Shovel Experiment: Grassroots, crowd-sourced initiative to keep neighborhood curb cuts, bridges and bus stops clear.
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Donation of Bikes, Supplies, Awards and Prizes
We are very open to trading in kind donations of bikes, supplies, awards and prizes for sponsorship.
Official Media Sponsors
We’re also open to trading sponsorship for media exposure and public relations opportunities in radio, television, and print.