Sunday Trail Rides
Have a blast, get some miles on your knobby tires, and practice for Iceman, Slush Cup, Sno Cone, or a challenge of your own. But, mainly, enjoy getting outside in northern Michigan by hitting the woods with friends and family. There are countless options, but generally, three distances are available for rides at Timber Ridge: A 5k flat and easy for the youngest, a 10k for intermediate riders, and a 25k, Big Vasa Loop, for advanced riders.
It’s all about riding bikes on dirt and having fun — and eating snacks.
- Who: All ages, all abilities. The trails at Timber Ridge offer terrain for all experience levels.
- What: Sunday Trail Rides is what you make it. At its basics, it’s a group trail ride with friends and family members.
- When: Current season is every Sunday from September 12 and to October 31 — perfect lead up to Iceman. Meet at 11:45, ride at noon.
- Where: Meet at the Yurt in front of Timber Ridge Resort. If arriving by car, please reserve parking spaces closest to Timber Ridge for registered guests. Mountain bike riders are asked to park in the unpaved parking area to the left as they enter Timber Ridge.
- How: Meet up, one-time sign-in (at the Yurt). No charge, no pre-registration.
Sunday Trail Rides are volunteer-led, with each week a little different, depending on the riders who attend. Sunday Trail Rides genuinely is a chance to get a ride on your calendar, meet new people or ride with old friends. Everyone is welcome, from preschoolers on balance bikes to high school seniors on 29’ers, all ages and abilities are welcome. This ride is an open ride for families and friends. We 100% support kids who know their way and have the necessary skills to ride alone without an adult, but we ask parents to stick with their children. We also encourage participants to help those who need some tips. We’re on this ride together.
Thank you Up.Bike for sponsoring Sunday Trail Rides.
Join us for Sunday Trail Rides
We ride at noon!