Girls on bikes, Giving Tuesday and a Dance Party
Because more girls on bikes = more happy, healthy, strong girls = a more awesome world.
Facebook has a super cool thing going for #GivingTuesday. On November 28th, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be matching up to $2 million of funds raised on Facebook for US nonprofits. Facebook is also waiving all fees for donations made to nonprofits on Facebook this #GivingTuesday.
This year, 100% of our #GivingTuesday donations will go to help get more girls involved in our mountain bike and bike safety programs. Our goal is to raise $3,000 to invest in 4 race ready mountain bikes to loan out to girls without bikes and 20 scholarships for our after school mountain bike program and bike safety summer camp.
Donations on November 28th should be made HERE.
We’re also inviting our supporters to create a fundraiser on their FB page on behalf of the Norte to help us get more girls on bikes. Learn how to do that HERE.
Not a Facebook fan? Please give online HERE.
AND A DANCE PARTY!
Our friends at The Little Fleet are hosting a Giving Tuesday dance party! 100% of proceeds will go to support our more girls on bikes campaign and a super mom will match the first $1,000 donated at the party. Awesome, right!? Don’t miss it!
Questions? Get at us.
6 #GivingTuesday fundraisers to get more kids on bikes in Traverse City
Facebook has a cool thing going for Giving Tuesday today. The first $1000 will be matched (thanks Gates Foundation!) and processing fees waived. 6 awesome moms and dads are taking them up on the offer to help the Estrellas, our lean to ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes.
Please give to these fundraisers and help the Estrellas shine bright.
Bike Happy, Traverse City
Norte! has played a part in mucho Bike Happy moments in Traverse City this year. From pedaling to school to exploring our woods and trails, we have empowered many of our local youth to be resilient, independent, and self confident both on and off their bikes.
Check out these 12 awesome Bike Happy stories by 12 awesome kids:
The Bike Happy, Traverse City campaign aims to raise funds to help support our mission while also creating awareness for bike culture in Traverse City.
Celebrating our second year as a non-profit organization, we have worked hard to advocate for active, two-wheeled transportation here in Traverse City, and are proud of our accomplishments:
- Empowered 600+ kids on bikes to pedal to 19 different area schools for the inaugural Traverse City Bikes To School Day
- Received the 2015 League of Michigan Bicyclists’ Encouragement Award
- Scored a Safe Routes To School grant to fund The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment
- Graduated the first (and second!) class from our experienced-based after school program, The Bike Mas Project, at Traverse Heights and Eastern Elementary
- Led Traverse City to a Top 20 finish worldwide for the 2015 Winter Bike To Work Day competition
- Inspired 800+ people including kindergarteners, grandmas and everyone in between join our summertime slow ride, TC Rides, to have fun, meet new neighbors and build awareness for people on bicycles in Traverse City
- Organized Vasa Domingos and Fridays@TheCommons, our weekly mountain bike rides, which consistently drew 30+ young people to ride bikes on dirt together and explore our Northern Michigan forests
- Empowered 423 awesome kids to walk to school this fall for our 2015 Traverse City Walks To School Day
- Recognized by the TCAPS Board of Education for our school programs
As a Norte! donor , your contribution will support:
- Active, fit and engaged young people in Traverse City.
- A stronger, better connected, more bicycle-friendly Traverse City.
- The next generation of bikes-for-life leaders in Traverse City.
And!! Thanks to these generous underwriters, the first $3000 donated will be matched dollar for dollar:
Your generous donation will allow us to continue to inspire, educate, advocate and build community in this amazing place we call home.
Norte! is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID 46-4861142), and your gift is tax deductible as allowed by law.
Send a Check:
PO Box 781
Traverse City, MI, 49685
Thank you and let’s ride bikes together soon!
Bike Happy. Bike Más. Bike TC.