Cancelled–2020 TC Light Parade
Press Release from DDA:
“The Downtown Traverse City Association (DTCA) is sad to announce the cancellation of the Downtown Strolling Light Parade that was to be held on Saturday, 12/12.
“The safety of our Downtown patrons comes first and foremost. With the extension of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services order, we felt that it would be in the best interest for all involved to cancel, as this event could potentially cause people to gather,” states Nick Viox, DDA Downtown Experience Coordinator.
The DDA encourages people to take part in the popular Downtown event, Walking in a Window Wonderland will still be held December 11- 13. Look for a colored bulb in each of the 20+ participating businesses and fill out an entry form (located at each participating business) for your chance to win a $250 Downtown Traverse City Gift Certificate.”
For more information, visit Downtowntc.com
- Health Check – Self monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Socialize Outside – You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside. If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and limit time inside together.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Keep it Down – When possible, keep voices down. Higher volumes can increase COVID transmission by 30 times.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.