24 Hours at the Civic Center
Together we’re better. Let’s ride bikes all day and all night for more happy, healthy, strong kids and a better Civic Center.
In partnership with our friends at Grand Traverse County and Hagerty, Norte is stoked to host the inaugural 24 Hours at the Civic Center, a fun, family-friendly, community bike-a-thon fundraiser.
Its aim is to create awareness for the growing presence of people of all ages and abilities on bicycles getting themselves to the places they need to go while also raising friends and funds for Norte’s youth programs and improvements to the Civic Center Park.
- Norte is dreaming big to empower more (lots more!) kids – and those who love them – to be active for life and this work relies on donations from people like you. We also love calling the Civic Center home and want to help make this park even better. 100% of 24HCC donations will go to help make improvements at the Civic Center and fund scholarships so kids in need can still participate in our programs. Every contribution – big or small – makes a difference.
- Starts at noon on Saturday, May 18th and ends noon on Sunday, May 19th.
- Norte Wheelhouse at the Grand Traverse Civic Center.
How it works:
- Register. Signing up is free. Click HERE to register for a short – like just 15 minutes short! – but sweet slot.
- Fundraise by collecting pledges. Share this link with your friends and family and tell them why you are supporting Norte and the Civic Center. Make it personal to make it powerful.
- Ride. Celebrate your fundraising success ($50 is the suggested minimum) by riding your bicycle around the Civic Center path with other awesome people. All riders will be entered into the super awesome prize drawing thanks to our generous 24HCC sponsors.
- Celebrate. Join us at the Wheelhouse for a fun, community party all day featuring eats, drinks, music, and games. This party is both very free and very open to the public.
Helpful things to know:
- All ages and abilities are welcome to ride. The Civic Center path is mostly flat but does feature one hill so be prepared to go up and down some.
- This is not a race. Far from it. Speed and number of laps isn’t the objective. Leave the spandex at home too. 24HCC is all about fun and high-fives.
- Slots are every 15 minutes Saturday afternoon/early evening (noon-9pm) and Sunday morning (9am-noon). Late Saturday night and early Sunday morning (9pm-9am) are 1 hour slots.
- Families and groups of friends can ride together but there is a max of 4 people per slot.
- The path will be open to the public during the event. Please be kind and courteous to other users.
- Late night and early morning slots are for adults only.
Don’t want to ride but want to support? Please donate HERE.
Money tight but still want to help. Sign up to volunteer HERE.
Know a business that might want to sponsor 24HCC by donating a prize to our rider raffle? Email Ty at email@example.com
Questions? Get at us.