Adults Bike Mechanics Class
Knowing how to maintain and fix your bicycle is the BEST! Understanding basic bicycle maintenance and repair is a lifelong skill that gives you the knowledge, confidence, and independence to venture further and have more fun.
The Solution offers a variety of engaging 90-minute classes for people of all ages and levels of bike know-how (or know-not how).
This educational series is designed to progress participants from zero knowledge to advanced skills. Ideally, classes will be done in order, but if you already have the skills to say, skip the 101 /102 classes and go right to 201/202, you’re welcome to do that but instructors will assume participants know all beginner skills when teaching the intermediate/advanced skill classes.
Classes offered to adults:
101 – Basic
- Shop and tool orientation
- Bicycle anatomy
- ABC quick check
- Get to know your tires and floor pump
102 – Basic
- Sun’s out, wheels out!
- Nuts about QR’s
- Brake pad care
- Sparkle-clean bike
201 – Beginner
- Fix a Flat
- Tube replacement & patching
202 – Beginner
- C2ShiningC: Chains to Cables
- Chain dissection
- Cables and housing, cable maintenance
301 – Intermediate
- Cables and housing
302 – Intermediate
- Rim brakes
- Disc brakes
- Brake pads & cables and housing
303 – Intermediate
- Hub adjustments, cassette removal
- Wheel truing
401 – Advanced
- Fork removal, brake removal/install
- Headset adjustment, cockpit removal, and install, rider comfort
402 – Advanced
- Shifter rehabilitation
- Derailleur dissection
- In-depth look at disc brakes
Adult’s Class Schedule:
- Saturday, April 6. 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Class: 101 & 102
- Thursday, April 11. 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. Class: 201
- Saturday, April 13. 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Class: 101 & 102
- Saturday, April 20. 10:00 am-11:30 pm. Class: 201
Maybe in the evenings? Coming soon!
- $15 per 90-minute class, $20 for 2hr class.
- Scholarships available as needed. Contact Ben at 231-883-2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring a bike, or let us know ahead of time if you need to borrow one.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty.
- Class size is limited to five (5) participants.
- The Wheelhouse is our awesome new old building on the north side of the Civic Center Park. The nearest parking lot is at the Civic Center. From there, you’ll have to walk or roll.
Every Solution participant will also receive:
- A sweet Norte tube patching kit! Why not recycle your tube?!
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn awesome things
- Online HERE or in person at the Clubhouse.
Need more details? Email email@example.com, call 231-883-2404 or stop by the Clubhouse 9-5 PM weekdays.