Adventure Bike Club Practice Starts!
ADVENTURE BIKE CLUB
Spring session begins May 10, 2021
COACH OR VOLUNTEER WITH NORTE
RIDE WITH TEAM ORANGE!
After School Adventure Bike Club hits the streets and trails in late spring with sensational upper elementary and middle school students. Our goal is to unleash confidence, courage, and heart through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be smart, independent, strong, and confident.
BIKE CLUB TEACHES KIDS…
- Bike safe skills
- Basic bike repair and maintenance skills
- Confidence and independence
- Sweet bike handling skills!
- Get fit and have fun–lots of fun!
SCHEDULE — see exact times and schools on the registration page.
Each session meets immediately after school and we roll for 90 minutes. Each session begins and ends at school (a few sessions also meet at the Norte Wheelhouse). Transportation from the school to the Wheelhouse is not provided).
After School Adventure Bike Club meets once a week for 4 weeks. The fall season starts the 2nd Monday after Labor Day, and the Spring season begins the 2nd Monday of May. If you don’t see your school listed, or this isn’t the program you’re looking for, you can find a program that’s right for your family at Norte Bike Programs.
- Bring a water bottle, snack, helmet, face covering, hand sanitizer, and bike to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to a minimum of five (5) participants and a maximum of six (6) participants. If five participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a full refund provided.
- Unless otherwise noted, participants will meet the instructor in front of the school immediately after dismissal.
- Wheelhouse sessions options for students who attend a school that is not safe or conducive to on-street riding. (Old Mission Peninsula School, Grand Traverse Academy, East Middle School, Cherry Knoll Elementary, SEAS, etc.)
- If the host school is closed, no after-school activities will be held per school policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Need a bike? Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
COVID-19 AND AFTER SCHOOL ADVENTURE BIKE CLUB
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our teammates, staff, and their families. We’re able to deliver After School Adventure Bike Club confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
Norte commits to reinforcing public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community—happy, healthy, strong. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one-page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines. If you have any questions related to our pandemic response, please contact Gary at email@example.com.
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
For more info and to register now, visit elgruponorte.org/abc.