National Cherry Festival Kids Balance Bike Race
National Cherry Festival
Kids Balance Bike Race
Ready, Set, Go, Go, Go…
The National Cherry Festival is back for the summer of 2021, and that means so is Norte’s National Cherry Festival Kids Balance Bike Race. The race is Northern Michigan’s, if not the state’s, ultimate balance bike derby.
This race is for balance bikes only. If you need to practice, please visit us at the Grand Traverse County Civic Center before July 3 and take our skills track for a spin. We’re open M-F, 10-6, and Saturday, 10-2. We have an assortment of balance bikes to lend out.
- WHAT: Norte’s National Cherry Festival Kids Balance Bike Race.
- WHERE: Norte’s Clubhouse, at 1213 W Civic Center Dr, Traverse City, MI 49686
- WHO: Young racers, 2 – 5 years old. Balance bike experience required.
- WHEN: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 9 am -11 am. Onsite registration begins at 8 am. Pre-register below.
- HOW: Along with registration and waiver below, we ask all participants to help ensure more kids continue to have opportunities to ride into the future with a suggested $10/donation. You may donate online anytime or onsite the day of the race.
Our balance bike race course is flat, with a mix of pavement and sandy dirt and grass, with a few optional wooden obstacles. Races start at 9 am in groups based on age.
If you don’t have a balance bike or are you in from out of town without one, we do have loaners available for the race.
NOTE: Helmets are required.
These young racers are serious!
Every participant receives a ribbon award, and the top three fastest from each age group win a Norte Rocks trophy.
Questions? Contact Ben at Ben@elgruponorte.org
Register today and start racing.
Balance Bike Race Registration
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our community. We can deliver programs and events confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols and generally looking out to protect each other. If you are unvaccinated, please wear a mask. During the race, masks are not required for young riders, but we encourage them to wear them at other times. This event is 100% outside, and please be aware of areas set aside for spectating and gathering to help ensure social distancing. Parents will not be allowed on the course except at the starting line.