Advocacy Happy Hour: Mapping TC’s Future Bike Facilities
The original bike planners, circa 2010 *
Do you bike in Traverse City? Do you want to bike more? Do you have ideas on how to make it better? Let’s plan it!
Please join Norte for an Advocacy Happy Hour on August 29 at one of our favorite business champions, Rare Bird Brew Pub. This is a fun way to meet some fellow orange friends, put sharpies to a big map, and provide specific feedback to the City of Traverse City Planning and Engineering Department. Rare Bird will be offering special drink discounts to anyone who bikes and contributes some ideas!
We know where the current multi-use trails, bike lanes, and even a few sharrows are located. Now, let’s put on the map the next protected bike lane, the first green boulevard, and identify again and again those troublesome disconnects and dangerous intersections.
- What: Advocacy Happy Hour
- Where: Rare Bird Brew Pub, 229 Lake Ave.
- When: August 29, 4:30 PM to 7 PM
- Why: To provide input on City of Traverse City’s Bike Network Plan
- Who: Anyone interested in civic engagement and representing #engageandrepresent
Review the City’s multi-use transportation map
The event is open house style, so drop in when you can. If possible, please let us know you’re coming.
* The original bike planners, Bill Palladino, Bob Otwell, and Jim Lively at an impromptu planning session in 2010.