Cranksgiving is part bicycle ride, part food drive that happens across the nation during November to benefit local charities and families as they prepare for Thanksgiving. It’s that simple. Ride bikes. Give back. Do good.
- When: Saturday, November 20, at noon
- Where: Norte Wheelhouse (the VERY orange building on the north side of the Grand Traverse County Civic Center)
- What: Team up with a few community-minded riders and collect food for the excellent Food Rescue of Northwest Michigan.
HOW IT WORKS
- Team Up – Decide if you are riding as a team (2-5 awesome people suggested) or on your own in either the open (5-6 miles) or family (2-3 miles) division.
- Register – There is no entry fee, but plan on spending $25/team on food items.
- Check the List – Norte will provide your team with a list of food items to collect on Cranksgiving.
- Be Kind – We also challenge your team to commit at least one act of random kindness during your collection run. Let’s make people smile and make someone’s day. Here’s a list of inspirations.
There are no winners, but teams are more than welcome to create their challenges and mini-games. They’re certainly bonus points for posting pics to social media.
Register your team today!