Daily Fall Balance Bike Meet-Ups!
RIDE WITH TEAM ORANGE!
Estrellas is Norte’s learn to ride program to help preschoolers and kindergarteners get cruising on balance bikes. These balance bike meetups are fun, free, and happen daily at 10:30 am at the Norte Clubhouse.
These fall balance bike meetups begin September 8 and run to October 30. These are daily opportunities Monday through Friday from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM. Please check the Norte calendar for openings. If you have a small group and would like to organize a meetup outside of this time, please let us know and we will try to accommodate your needs.
COST IS FREE
These meet-ups are free because of the following generous sponsors: McLain Cycles, Superior Physical Therapy, Priority Health, and 5th/3rd Bank.
If you’re able and would like to support the Estrellas program to ensure that others can enjoy it, we’d greatly appreciate your contribution. Thank you!
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW
COVID-19 RESPONSE FOR BALANCE BIKE MEETUPS
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, and their families. We’re able to confidently deliver these balance bike meetups because of staff, volunteers, and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
We integrate the following precautions into our sessions; we commit to reinforcing vital public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community – happy, healthy, strong. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
Some of the precautionary steps we’re taking include:
- Limited riders – We’re allowing a max of 10 families per session. To facilitate this, we ask families to reserve your spot with an RSVP at the register now button above.
- Physical Distancing – We ask that everyone, riders and onlookers, continue to maintain a six-foot distance from others when joining us for a balance bike meetup.
- Masks – Face coverings are not required when riding (although totally allowed). However, they are required on arrival, during breaks, and during instruction time. Onlookers must wear masks the entire time. Norte has masks available in our online store.
- Monitoring – We require all staff, volunteers, and families to complete an online health screen before the session begins every day. For these meetups, you can do so before arrival or onsite.
- Healthy Habits – We ask riders to follow strict hygiene measures. No sharing. No spitting. Also, we ask that all participants wash their hands with soap and water before and after the ride. The Norte Clubhouse has an outdoor handwashing station for your convenience and safety.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines. If you have any questions related to our pandemic response, please contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW?
- Bikes – Although we have several balance bikes (and helmets) to lend out if your child has their balance bike and helmet, please bring it.
- Snacks – These small humans also work up an appetite, so we encourage bringing snacks. The space next to the Clubhouse, what we call the La Plaza, is a beautiful place to have lunch.
- Location – The Norte Clubhouse is next to the Civic Center playground at the south end, so everyone is encouraged to go back and forth. Ripping the zip-line is hard to pass up!
Volunteers assist the Norte Estrellas meet-ups. Norte staff or a volunteer will be on hand to help with lending out bikes and helmets and providing some on the fly seat adjustments (also, lots of cheering).
If you’re interested in helping make the fall Estrellas meet-ups awesome and would like to volunteer to be on hand for a meet-up or two, we’re always looking for new volunteers. It’s rewarding, easy-peasy, and joyous to see these children conquer the course. We promise.
Signing up to help is available at the Norte volunteer page.