Elk Rapids Slow Rolls into the Fall
We had so much fun in the summer, that we want to keep rolling the Elk Rapids slow rolls through September. Note the day and time change, from Wednesday to Tuesdays starting at 6 PM for the month of September.
We remain confident that by taking precautions – and with your help – we can responsibly roll out a happy and healthy slow roll to close out the summer, so Elk Rapids is going to ride every Wednesday for the rest of the summer. The slow roll is a chit-chatty, age-friendly, community bicycle ride for all ages and all skill levels.
Join us in displaying the power of the bicycle to build community, promote an active lifestyle, meet neighbors, and induce smiles. This is an event to celebrate neighbors, community, bicycles, and staying healthy. Volunteers assist us in navigating intersections.
- When: Each Tuesday in September at 6:00 PM. (Gather 10 minutes prior).
- Where: Begins at the Harbor Pavilion and ends at Shorts.
- Route: We change the route up each week, and always still stick to an easy 4-5 mile route. Let’s explore Elk Rapid’s beautiful neighborhoods!
- Precautions: The following precautions are required:
- Health Check – Do not join the roll if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or related symptoms.
- Mask Up – The ride is an easy, slow-paced event. We are asking that all participants wear masks for the duration of the ride. If you need one, we have orange ones in the store!
- Safe Distance – When we meet at Harbor Pavilion, please maintain a 6-feet of separation. During the ride, we ask that everyone ride responsibly and maintain a bike-length distance, except for those in your family.
- Wash Hands – Obviously, we won’t be washing our hands on the ride, but here’s a reminder to wash up before you come and as soon as possible when we’re done. Soap + Water + 20 Seconds!
The Elk Rapids Bandit Slow Roll is led by Village of Elk Rapids Parks & Rec Commission Chair Charlie Pryde and other fine Elk Rapids volunteers. Please note, this event is subject to change. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
We look forward to seeing many of you next week and giving you contactless high fives from 6 feet away. Show up and we’ll lead you on an easy five-mile loop. If you have any questions, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Charlie in Elk Rapids at email@example.com.