Fantastic Fridays are a weekly celebration of students walking and rolling to school in Northern Michigan.
Do you know a student who’s ready to commit to walking or rolling every Friday from April 9 2021 through the end of school in June? Fantastic Fridays are super easy, super fun community actions to encourage elementary and middle school students to actively move themselves to school. One Friday at a time, we hope to create a walking, biking culture in our schools and community.
BENEFITS OF WALKING AND ROLLING TO SCHOOL
- Enhanced concentration in class
- Reduced traffic congestion near schools
- Strengthened cognitive acuity
- An elevated sense of community
The more of us who walk and roll to school (and work) also benefits the community with safer streets, cleaner air, and more quality time with friends and family.
READY TO WALK AND ROLL?
If you’re a student, invite a classmate and commit to being awesome by walking, biking, or rolling to school every Friday beginning April 9. If you’re a parent, how many neighborhood kids can you inspire and encourage? Remember to continue to be safe and help #stopthespread—wear a mask and practice social distancing.
PARK AND STROLL OPTION
Do you live too far from school to walk or bike? Or, maybe you don’t have a safe route to school from home? No worries, you can still participate.
Visit elgruponorte.org/fridays/ for more info, and for park and stroll locations.
- Health Check – Self-monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.
Norte also supports socializing outside in well-ventilated areas and getting a vaccine as soon as available. If we all work together, we will beat this pandemic.