Giving Tuesday: Norte TuneUp at Carson Square
(Or text TUNEUP to 44321)
We invite you to help us create a virtuous loop on #GivingTuesday. For this year’s annual day of giving, we’re asking for support to help fund Norte TuneUp.
This #GivingTuesday – December 1 – we will hold our first Norte TuneUp in partnership with Goodwill Northern Michigan at the supportive housing community, Carson Square. We will set up mobile bike stands, tents, mask up to stop the spread of COVID-19, and see how many bikes we can help get rolling a little easier.
We need your help to purchase supplies. Your generous contributions will help us fix as many bikes as possible on December 1 and also go towards supplies for future Norte TuneUps.
YOUR DONATION WILL
- Fix flat tires
- Dial in brakes
- Lube up chains
- Provide Safety lights
- And, install fenders to improve rider comfort for wet commutes
Norte builds happy, healthy, strong communities. We believe that the humble bicycle is the best transportation. The bike empowers folks from all walks of life to maintain health, independence, and gain confidence. Indeed, bicycles have been bringing people together and promoting freedom for almost 200 years.
Watch Norte’s social media platforms on Giving Tuesday for updates from Carson Square and how you can help keep everyone rolling.
Donate by texting TUNEUP to 44321
Get Out and Stay Active Responsibly
- Health Check – Self monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Socialize Outside – You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside. If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and limit time inside together.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Keep it Down – When possible, keep voices down. Higher volumes can increase COVID transmission by 30 times.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.