Let’s Walk Together!
Here’s a little secret – walking is a wonder drug. Throw in a walk with a group, and it is one of the healthiest activities out there. So, this fall, join us in stepping out with Let’s Walk Together.
Beginning Saturday, September 26, Norte will host a comfortable, weekly walk. We won’t measure distance. We won’t measure speed. We will measure success by the friends made, habits formed, and sidewalks explored. And, this year, we have miles of new sidewalk to check out.
LET’S WALK TOGETHER DETAILS
The Let’s Walk Together get-togethers will set out for at least a 30-minute stroll departing from the City of Traverse City’s Hull Park, directly behind the main campus of the Traverse Area District Library. Each week we will choose a different route, with a focus on including the new sidewalks in Traverse Heights and other parts of the city. We can let the sidewalks guide us and see where they take us.
- DATES AND TIME: Saturday, September 26, 9 AM. We will meet every Saturday this fall through October and end on November 7.
- MEETUP LOCATION: Hull Park behind the Traverse Area District Library on Woodmere Ave, Traverse City. Routes will change each week, so be sure to arrive by 9 AM.
- WHO: Everyone. Routes will be determined before we set out and as we walk. But, generally, we will cover 1-3 miles at a pace that works for everyone. This gathering is not a race or a distance challenge. It’s simply time to walk together. Walks may be 30 – 60 minutes and quite possibly involve coffee or hot chocolate 🙂
Why is walking a wonder drug?
Let’s walk together, responsibly.
- Health Check – Do not join the walk if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or related symptoms.
- Mask Up – The walk is an accessible, slow-paced event. We ask that all participants wear masks. If you need one, we have orange ones in the store!
- Maintain a Safe Distance – Although maintaining exactly 6-feet distance on Traverse City’s sidewalks might be difficult, we ask that everyone does their best. If we all avoid close contact with people outside of our bubble, we will help #Stopthespread. This event is outdoors and, as such, is a low-risk activity.
- Wash Hands – We won’t be washing our hands when we meet, but please wash up before you come and as soon as possible when done. Soap + Water + 20 Seconds!
If you have any questions, let us know at email@example.com.