Littles + Bigs Bike Mechanics Class
Even at a young age, knowing how to maintain and fix your bicycle is the BEST! Understanding basic bicycle maintenance and repair is a lifelong skill that gives you the knowledge, confidence, and independence to venture further and have more fun.
The Littles + Bigs program is part of the Solution’s educational series that offers two levels of bike mechanics basics (101, and 102) in an engaging 90-minute class for 1st-3rd graders and their favorites big person. Ideally, these classes are taken in order ie. please complete 101 before signing for 102. As the kids get older, they can progress through the 200, 300 and 400 level classes.
Littles + Bigs class info:
- Shop and tool orientation
- Bicycle anatomy
- ABC quick check
- Get to know your tires and floor pump
- Sun’s out, wheels out!
- Nuts about QR’s
- Brake pad care
- Sparkle-clean bike
- Tuesday, April 9th, 101 class
- Tuesday, April 16th, 101 class
- Tuesday, April 23rd, 102 class
All classes are 4:30-6:00pm
- Norte Wheelhouse
- $15 per class for each little/big team
- Scholarships available as needed. Contact Ben at 231-883-2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring a bike, or let us know ahead of time if you need to borrow one.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty.
- Class size is limited to five (5) participants.
- The Wheelhouse is our awesome new old building on the north side of the Civic Center Park. The nearest parking lot is at the Civic Center. From there, you’ll have to walk or roll.
Every Solution participant will also receive:
- A sweet Norte tube patching kit! Why not recycle your tube?!
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn awesome things
- Online HERE or in person at the Clubhouse.
Need more details? Email email@example.com, call 231-883-2404 or stop by the Clubhouse 9-5 PM weekdays.