Mark Wilson’s 100 Mile Walk
Mark Wilson’s 100 Mile Walk is a month-long community campaign meant to raise awareness for healthy lifestyles, walkable communities, and all the benefits of incorporating movement into ordinary life. It challenges people of all ages and abilities to walk 100 miles outside during April–that’s a little over 3 miles a day, folks.
HOW IT WORKS
- Commit. Complete the form at elgruponorte.org/100mile.
- Join Mark’s Strava Club HERE to track your progress (Strava is a free mobile fitness tracking app).
- Walk. Whether it’s alone or with your family, to the grocery store, to pick up take-out food, or to walk the dog, it doesn’t matter. Just aim for a little over 3 miles a day to reach the 100-mile goal.
- Celebrate. Walk with your family? Walk to get away from it all? It all counts.
- Be Kind – Commit to spreading kindness at least once. Think: sidewalk or driveway chalk art, picking up trash, delivering a cheerful letter to a friend or neighbor, etc. Get creative!
HELPFUL THINGS TO KNOW
- The 100 Mile Walk is both free and awesome.
- If you don’t have Strava on your phone, download the app, create a free account, search for “Mark Wilson’s 100 Mile Walk” club and then join it. Every time you head out for a walk, hit start in the app, and then stop when you’re done. Super easy.
For more info and to register, visit
- Health Check – Self-monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.
Norte also supports socializing outside in well-ventilated areas and getting a vacinne as soon as available. If we all work together, we will beat this pandemic.