Meet Me at the Commons
Meet Me at the Commons is a weekly, choose-your-own-adventure style community meetup at the beautiful Village of Grand Traverse Commons. Its goal is to provide a casual, fun, social activity to empower people of all ages and abilities to move, make new friends and support the businesses at the Commons.
Sage Day and Avery Sill, two members of El Liderato, Norte’s youth leadership council, came up with this idea. Their team is made up of fellow Liderato members, Gwen Urbain, Amelia Werner, Ella DeBruyn, and Ainsley Bielman. They have the full support of the rest of Liderato (20 members representing 9 area schools).
How Meet Me at the Commons Works:
- Invite a friend and meet at the Piazza (grassy area across from Left Foot Charley/Higher Grounds) anytime between 5:30-7pm on Fridays starting May 10th. This 2019 pilot program will happen every Friday through June.
- Choose your own adventure! Walk, hike, run or bike for as long or as short as you want. Doesn’t matter, just get your adventure on.
- These activities will not be guided but you will be provided with digital/paper maps of various options.
- After your adventure, make sure to check out the wonderful Commons businesses.
- Come back next Friday and let’s do it again. So simple. So awesome.
Meet Me at the Commons Community Partners:
Does your organization support fun, easy, and very social choose-your-own-adentures outside (non Commons orgs welcome, all we’re asking for is help promoting)? Email Ty at email@example.com to have your logo added above.
Other questions? Get at us.