Opt Outside Grand Traverse
#OPTOUTSIDE GRAND TRAVERSE IS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH, 2020!
Skip the mall after Thanksgiving and let’s opt outside instead.
Join us for a walk, hike, bike, run, paddle, or whatever — wherever you are, whenever you can. Get out.
#OptOutside is a national, region-wide, decentralized, choose-your-own-adventure where awesome people coordinate and meet up with their friends. Fun. Easy. Free.
Also, extra air-high fives are rewarded if your meetup features some sort of environmental action. Get out there and pick up some trash. Encourage your companions to arrive on foot or bike.
We’ll need to skip the organized meetups outside of our bubbles this year and focus more on smaller groups. Preferably families and close friends. Please register with Norte so we can track the region’s activity. Please, encourage your friends, family, and pets to do the same.
The outdoors isn’t canceled – let’s #optoutside and enjoy it responsibly.
Get Out and Stay Active Responsibly
- Health Check – Self monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Socialize Outside – You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside. If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and limit time inside together.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Keep it Down – When possible, keep voices down. Higher volumes can increase COVID transmission by 30 times.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.