Registration for Norte’s Fall Youth Mountain Bike Program Opens
2020 NORTE YOUTH MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM
Fall Registration Opens at 7am August 13th
We’re using Active Network for registration again this year. If you’re new to the program, registration is fast, easy, and secure. If you previously participated in a Norte program, then you already have an account created. Sign in at the top of the registration page (link below), or enter your email address username when prompted–no need to create a new family account for 2020!
SHRED WITH TEAM ORANGE!
The Grand Traverse Region Mountain Bike Team is made up of stellar elementary, middle, and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be independent, strong, and gritty – yes, we get a little dirty mountain biking!
COVID-19 RESPONSE AND MOUNTAIN BIKES
Norte is always committed to the safety and well-being of all our team mates, guests, and staff. We’re doubling-down on that effort with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic upon us. As Michigan moves positively through the MI Safe Start Plan and recovery, Norte’s goal remains the same – do our part to make it the best fall ever.
To that end, this year’s fall program requires us to make significant changes to protect our campers, instructors, and their families. Registered families will receive further details as their camp session approaches.
Some of the precautionary steps we’re taking include:
- Social Distancing – Team members will stick with the same small team of six and one instructor each practiced. We limit the interaction between groups as much as possible during practice. Physical distancing is required when we are stationary, and when we ride, we’ll keep at least 6 feet apart.
- Masks – For the protection of teammates and their families, our coaches must wear cloth face coverings when they assemble in teams. Teammates are required to bring at least one mask, a spare if possible, to practice. They will wear them when groups gather, like our instructors, may remove the face coverings while engaged in biking.
- Monitoring and Communication – We require all coaches and teammates (looking at you, parents) to complete a health screen before practice begins every day. We will continue to communicate with families regularly with any future camp changes and updates. Also, we invite families to reach out if they have questions or concerns. Coaches meet daily before practice to check-in and provide feedback on how to improve safety measures.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Michigan, and the Grand Traverse County Health Department.
NEW IN 2020 (non-pandemic related)
1. More practice location options
- Choose from practice sessions at 4 locations:
- Civic Center (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Timber Ridge (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- The Commons (middle schoolers)
- Westwoods Elementary – Lake Dubonnet trails (elementary schoolers)
- Maplehurst near Elk Rapids (elementary schoolers)
2. More practice schedule options
- 1st through 5th graders can choose a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday practice schedule.
- 6th-12th graders will continue to practice Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.
- New practice start times at select venues
More chances to grow with tryouts for Norte’s elite race team, Varsity
- Race team practice meets at the Wheelhouse
- Learn more: Norte Varisty Mountain Bike Team
- Fall 2020 season starts September 14th and runs for 5 weeks
- 1st-5th graders practice Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday from 4:30-6 pm. (Westwoods location has a 3:45-5:15 pm option, as well as a 4:30-6 pm)
- 6th-12th graders practice Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 4:15-6:15 pm. (The Commons location has a 3:30-5:30 pm option, as well as 4:15-6:15 pm)
All abilities, beginners to elite and everyone in between, are welcome. We will split into small teams of mixed ages based on experience and ability to make sure everyone has a good time. Practices are led by trained coaches.
FALL PROGRAM PERKS:
- No bike? No problem. We have several sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed!
- 6th-12th grade participants will receive a complimentary Norte cycling jersey
- 1st-5th grade participants will receive a complimentary Tech T-shirt
- If you already have a jersey or Tech T from a previous season that you can still wear, you can select to receive a merchandise discount code for the Norte Store during registration
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st-5th grade) and 8-10 miles (6th-12th grade)
- $85 for 1st-5th graders
- $135 for 6th-12th graders
- 10% off for siblings
- 20% off for children/grandchildren of coaches
- 20% off for children/grandchildren of volunteers who commit to volunteering at least 20 hours with Norte in 2020 including 6 hours with the spring mountain bike program
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs (One scholarship per child per season). Contact email@example.com (or 231-883-2404) to request a scholarship prior to registering.
- If canceling for any reason up to one month prior to the start of the program, your full registration fee will be refunded.
- 80% of registration fees are refundable if notice is given prior to 7 days of the program start date.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable if notice is given within 7 days of the program start date.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO HELP?
Paid coaches needed! Learn more about how to apply HERE.
Volunteers also needed. Get involved HERE.
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids:
Limited corporate sponsorships of the Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team are also available. Please contact Ty Schmidt at email@example.com