Sábados Grand Traverse
Sábados Grand Traverse: A Weekly Family Walk/Run To Support Active-For-Life Kids
In partnership with the Traverse City Track Club, Running Fit, Northwestern Michigan College, Grand Traverse County Health and Wellness, and Michigan Runner Girl, Sábados Grand Traverse (SGT) is a family-friendly walking/running group at the Civic Center during the shoulder season where we get outside with friends, walk/run around in circles on the track, and have FUN.
November and December can be grim but together we’ll encourage each other to get out and walk/run as a family for 7 consecutive Saturdays for a good cause, Norte’s Youth Scholarship Fund.
We walk/run every Saturday morning after Iceman until the New Year’s Day Frozen Rabbit Race. SGT starts November 14th.
Meet at the Civic Center Wheelhouse at 10:00 AM.
Everyone. All ages and abilities are welcome.
More information and sign-up options, here! Just $60/family!
Get Out and Stay Active Responsibly
- Health Check – Self monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Socialize Outside – You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside. If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and limit time inside together.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Keep it Down – When possible, keep voices down. Higher volumes can increase COVID transmission by 30 times.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.