2021 Northern Michigan Bikes to School Day
2021 Northern Michigan Bikes To School Day
WEDNESDAY, MAY 5
Northern Michigan Bikes To School Day is a region-wide, multi-school celebration of National Bike To School Day. It falls on the first Wednesday of May, which also happens to be when Norte celebrates Bike Month.
Bikes to School Day is held to encourage, inspire, and empower ever-increasing numbers of elementary and middle school students to actively move themselves to school via bicycle. As part of the celebration, we will also crown the school with the most participation with the Most Bike-tastic Northern Michigan School.
#1, Commit to riding your bike to school for one day. This year’s Bike to School Day is Wednesday, May 5. All schools in northern Michigan are welcome to participate.
#2, Create a Team. Tell your friends, teacher, principal, and lunch lady about Northern Michigan Bikes To School Day. Encourage them to join your team and to commit as well.
#3, Represent your School. When you commit you are helping your school achieve greatness in The Most Bike-tastic Northern Michigan School competition. This is a big deal. We take it extremely seriously. Send us your picture with your school colors and we need to see the math:
# of students and staff who bike to schol ÷ # of total students and staff at school
x 100 = Your School’s Bike-tastic-ness number
The highest bike-tastic-ness score wins bragging rights for the entire year and a sweet trophy to show off, too.
#4, Roll with It. On the big day, hop on your bike and pedal to school with friends. If you need an introduction to a bike train near you, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So simple. So awesome. Like the bicycle.
Remember to continue to be safe and help #stopthespread—wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- If you take the bus to school, ride your bike to the bus stop. That totally counts. If your bus stop needs a pop-up neighborhood bike rack, let us know.
- Does your mom or dad normally drive you to school? Ask them nicely to leave a little earlier on Northern Michigan Bikes To School Day and drop you off a mile or two from school. Then, ask them to join you so that both of you can pedal to school together. Not sure where you should park to have a safe route to school? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll help give you some ideas.
Just don’t forget to commit.
If you don’t commit, you don’t get counted.
Your school needs you. Northern Michigan needs you.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Check – Self-monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.
Norte also supports socializing outside in well-ventilated areas and getting a vaccine as soon as available. If we all work together, we will beat this pandemic.