The Bike Más Project Starts at Area Schools
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders through empowerment, education, and adventure. Mucho adventure!
The Bike Más Project kids will:
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Become a bike handling ninja.
- Build confidence. Get fit. And have FUN!
Fall 2018 schedule:
Each session meets immediately after school and is 90 minutes long. The program begins/ends at school (there are a few exceptions when we will meet at the Clubhouse).
We meet once a week for 4 weeks and sessions start the week of September 17.
- Old Mission Penisula
- East Middle (meets at the Clubhouse at 4pm but no transportation provided from EMS)
- Elk Rapids-Cherryland
- Elk Rapids – Lakeland
- Northport – 4th/5th graders
- Central Grade
- Long Lake
- West Middle
- Willow Hill
- Traverse Heights
- Glenn Loomis
- Northport – 6th/7th graders
- Grand Traverse Academy (meets at the Clubhouse at 4:30pm but no transportation provided from GTA)
- Silver Lake
- Immaculate Conception
- Cherry Knoll
- Trinity Lutheran
- Bring a water bottle, helmet, bike and snack to all sessions.
- 5 participant minimum and maximum per school.
- Participants will meet the instructor in the school library no more than 10 minutes after dismissal.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
Every Bike Mas Project participant will also receive:
- a sweet Norte shirt
- a free family membership to our Clubhouse
- Scholarships available as needed. Contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sessions are limited to five (5) participants. If 5 participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a refund provided.
Huge thanks to our sponsors for supporting happy, healthy, strong kids and making The Bike Mas Project very affordable: