Vasa Domingos is a family-friendly, weekly mountain bike group ride on the VASA trails where we ride bikes on dirt, meet new friends, get fit, explore the woods, build confidence and have FUN. Probably eat some snacks after, too.
We ride every Sunday through the summer and fall (Mother’s Day through Iceman).
- Mother’s Day to Father’s Day: Meet at 11:45. Rolling at noon.
- Father’s Day to Labor Day: Meet at 9:45. Rolling at 10.
- Labor Day to Iceman: Meet at 11:45. Rolling at noon.
The super awesome Timber Ridge! Meet us at the Norte Dirt Yurt right in the parking lot!
From preschoolers on balance bikes to high school seniors on 29ers, all ages and abilities are welcome.
While all routes are marked with very orange arrows, this is not a guided ride but rather a group ride for families. We 100% support kids who know their way and have the necessary skills to ride alone/sans adult but we ask that parents ride with their child if not.
5 distances available:
- 1 miles – Paved loop around Timber Ridge for our balance bike superstars
- 3 miles – Flat and easy on the Fatbike trail to the VST parking lot to Riley’s trail for our youngest shredders (marked with orange arrows)
- 6 miles – Flat’ish Fatbike to VST parking lot + Kinglet loop + Riley’s for beginner riders (Kinglet on VST is not marked but it’s easy…go left at #2!)
- 8 miles – Iceman’s hilly Slush Cup course for our intermediate riders (marked with orange arrows)
- 12 miles – 25K Vasa loop for advanced riders (not marked!)
You betcha. No need to sign up either. Just show up. Bring a friend or three too.
HUGE THANKS TO TIMBER RIDGE FOR SUPPORTING HAPPY, HEALTHY, KIDS!
Stay up to date with the Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team: