Walktastic Wednesdays are a weekly celebration of students walking and rolling to school in northern Michigan. No matter what your preferred mode of non-motorized transportation — walking, biking, skating, scooter-ing — Walktastic Wednesdays are a super easy, super fun way to encourage elementary and middle school students to get themselves to school actively. We hope to create a walking and rolling culture in our schools and community one Wednesday at a time.
Walk with us. Roll with us. Move with us every Wednesday, beginning September 7.
- WHEN: Every Wednesday through the 2022-23 school year.
- WHERE: Your favorite sidewalks, paths, and trails on your way to school.
- WHAT: Encourage happy, healthy, strong communities through the simple act of walking or rolling to school.
- WHY: Get moving, connect with friends, and have fun.
BENEFITS OF WALKING AND ROLLING TO SCHOOL
- Enhanced concentration in class
- Reduced traffic congestion near schools
- Strengthened cognitive acuity
- An elevated sense of community
The more of us who walk and roll to school (and work) also benefits the community with safer streets, cleaner air, and more quality time with friends and family. Do you have a favorite path or trail? Please share it with us!