Week One: Traverse City Summer Bike Camp
Traverse City Summer Bike Camp
Norte’s Grand Traverse Regional Summer Bike Camp is an adventure-based, week-long, half-day camp. It teaches elementary and middle school-aged kids urban bike safety skills and confidence through empowerment, education, and adventure. There are many, many adventures.
In addition to making new friends, staying active, and having the best summer ever, all summer bike campers will:
- Explore their town on their bike and discover its excellent places.
- Discover abilities to bike safely and bike smart around town with their friends.
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills. Knowing how to change a flat or adjust your brakes is powerful.
- Transform into a bike handling ninja.
Registration for Summer Bike Camp begins in January and fills up fast. Still, there are always chances for late registrations through the waiting list. As well, our camps are expanding every year. In addition to Traverse City, there are now Grand Traverse Regional Summer Bike Camps in the following communities, with each session’s start date—always a Monday. Bike Camp is M—F, 9 am-Noon.
- Traverse City: Sessions available June 21 through August 27, 2021.
- Elk Rapids: Sessions offered for the weeks of June 28, July 26, and August 16.
- Suttons Bay: Sessions offered for the weeks of June 28, July 19, and August 9.
- Northport: Sessions offered for the weeks of July 12, August 2, and August 16.
- Kalkaska: Sessions offered for the weeks of July 5, July 19, and August 2.
- Glen Arbor: Sessions offered for the weeks of July 12 and August 9.
Learn more and register at Grand Traverse Regional Summer Bike Camps
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our community. We confidently deliver programs and events because our staff and families follow preventive measures and monitoring protocols for COVID-19. We also generally look out for each other. We also stay outside as much as possible. If you are unvaccinated, we require masks and encourage them at different times, even for vaccinated individuals. We encourage everyone eligible to vaccinate as soon as possible. If you are not feeling well, please join us the next time when you feel better. Let’s practice healthy habits and make this a fabulous summer. Let’s do this together.