Youth Mountain Bike Team Practices Start!
NORTE YOUTH MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM
SHRED WITH TEAM ORANGE!
The Grand Traverse Regional Mountain Bike Team hits the trails of northern Michigan with sensational elementary, middle, and high school students. Our goal is to unleash confidence, courage, and heart through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be independent, strong, and gritty – yes, we get a little dirty mountain biking!
COVID-19 RESPONSE ON THE TRAILS
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our teammates, staff, and their families. We’re able to deliver the Mountain Bike program confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
The following precautions are integrated into our mountain bike practices. Norte commits to reinforcing indispensable public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community – happy, healthy, strong. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one-page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
- Spring 2021 season starts May 3 and runs for five weeks through June 3, 2021.
- The Farm Team (1st-5th graders) practices are generally from 4:30-6 pm. Have a look at the full listing on Active Networks for exceptions.
- Farm Team can choose a Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday practice schedule in most locations.
- The MTB Team (6th-12th graders) generally practice from 4:15-6:15 pm with the exception of The Commons which is 3:30-5:30 pm.
- The MTB Team will continue to practice Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
- Farm Team $90. For 1st-5th graders, two 90-minute practices per week.
- MTB Team $140. For 6th-12th graders, three 2-hour practices per week.
* In the event that state or local policy and guidance changes such that the Mountain Bike Team cannot proceed, families will be refunded the entire fee or a pro-rated amount if the program has begun.
Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com.
For registration info and more details, visit elgruponorte.org/mountainbike/.
- Health Check – Self-monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.
Norte also supports socializing outside in well-ventilated areas and getting a vaccine as soon as available. If we all work together, we will beat this pandemic.