Pro Walk/Pro Bike Advocacy
Advocating for a stronger, better connected and more walk/bike friendly communities
- TC/ER Rides – Weekly community slow roll to promote an active lifestyle and create awareness for people on bikes in North Michigan.
- Bike Valet – Provides professional bike parking services at the Sara Hardy Farmers Market, National Cherry Festival, Traverse City Film Festival and other community events.
- The Great Northern Michigan Shovel Experiment – a crowd-sourced, grassroots effort to keep crosswalk curb cuts clear during the winter.
- El Barrio Bike Fix – A bike-powered, mobile bike shop community bike fix event
- Northern Michigan Bike Month – May is for bikes in Northern Michigan
- The Clubhouse – Norte’s home at the Civic Center that also houses Traverse City’s community bike shop.
- Bike Night at The Bijou – Yay for mucho bicycles at our bike-tastic community theater.
- NM Bike Life – A story series featuring ordinary people doing ordinary things on their bicycles that aims to create awareness for the growing presence of people on bicycles in Northern Michigan.
- Bike Happy Pop-ups – Free coffee and bike tune-ups. High fives, too.
- Pro Walk/Pro Bike Advocacy Group – Connecting awesome people passionate about best practice walk/bike infrastructure, forward-thinking policy and smart community design for a more walkable, bikeable, liveable Traverse City.