Bike Night @ The Bijou
We love love love riding bikes to our amazing Bijou by the Bay theater. Located in the heart of downtown TC on the shores of West Grand Traverse bay in beautiful Clinch Park and along the wonderful TART Trail, pedaling to the Bijou is pure joy. It’s surely one of the most bike-tastic theaters in
Michigan The Universe and we’re so lucky to have it in our hometown.
We are therefore stoked – yes, STOKED! – to announce the second annual Bike Night At The Bijou on Monday, June 26th at 8:30.
With the generous support from the Cedar Run Eye Center, The Bijou and the Workshop Brewing Company, we will:
- celebrate the growing presence of people on bicycles in Traverse City
- smash the most bicycles at The Bijou record
- raise funds for more – lots more! – kids on bikes in this amazing place we call home
It’s going to be awesome. You should come!
Here’s the scoop:
When? Monday, June 26th. Doors at 8:15. Presentation at 8:25. Film at 8:30.
- Special drink and food deals at The Workshop Brewing Co. before the movie
- A free membership to the Clubhouse, our new community bike shop
- Bike valet service
- As many free high fives as you can handle
Pre party? You betcha. A super awesome and equally bike-tastic pre-party starts at 6p at the Workshop with special food and drink deals for ticket holders.
What’s Showing? We’ll be showing Filmed By Bike‘s carefully curated Adventure Shorts.
Bicycles are freedom, allowing us to go further and faster than we ever dreamed possible. Now more than ever people are taking their bicycles to unique and scenic locations for wild adventures. Join us on a journey to the far reaching edges of the planet as we watch intrepid cyclists explore the rugged open road, and all the trials, tribulations and triumphs that come bikepacking, touring, fat biking, snow explorations, off road riding and conquering major feats.
This collection features 7 gorgeous films, beautifully shot and cinematic. Most are slightly longer for an indepth-look and the opportunity to truly sink into the landscape.
This is truly the collection that will inspire adventure and get people talking about what great feats they might next tackle by bike. With the rise in back packing and gravel grinding, this program is very timely.
Here’s a taste:
We have kids. Should we get a babysitter? Yep. This is a dinner and movie date night thing for adults only. Sorry, kids 🙁
A short but sweet presentation by Norte! will precede the film.
100% of funds raised will go to support Norte!’s many bike-centric, youth-focused programs:
- Parts and supplies for The Clubhouse, our new community bike shop
- Scholarships for The Bike Mas Project, our adventure-based after school empowerment program
- More balance bikes and helmets for the Estrellas del Norte!, our learn-to-ride program for preschoolers
- Grow our Kids Bike Library to make sure that every awesome kid can ride an awesome bike to pedal to school no matter their family’s financial resources
Thank you Bike Night Sponsors!