Bike & Sail: Norte and Traverse Area Community Sailing’s Full Day Summer Camp
We’re excited to expand our full-day summer offerings by teaming up with Traverse Area Community Sailing (TACS). Bike & Sail is a 2-week camp available for those going into the 3rd-8th grades for the weeks of June 21 – July 2, 2021 and another 2-week camp July 12 – 23, 2021.
How to sign up for Bike & Sail:
- Will Bike & Sail camper be 8 years old or older by the time of camp? Just double-checking.
- Sign up for two consecutive weeks of Norte Bike Camp and select a $25 “Bike & Sail Full Day” Session Option for each week of Bike & Sail camp. Link: Norte Summer Bike Camp Registration
- TACS sailing camps are 2-weeks long, so Bike & Sail campers must register for two consecutive weeks of Bike Camp (there’s a 10% multiple Bike Camp session discount available) for the weeks of June 21 – July 2 or the other option for July 12 – 23.
- Register for the same corresponding 2-week afternoon sailing program on TACS’ registration page and choosing from their menu.
- Easy as riding a bike!
How Bike & Sail works:
- Drop off your camper at Norte Bike Camp at the Wheelhouse 8:30-9 am
- Bike Camp 9-12 pm
- Supervised bring-your-own lunch at the Wheelhouse 12-12:30 pm
- Guided bike ride to the Cornwell Sailing Center at Hull Park arriving at Boardman Lake at 12:50 pm
- Sailing camp 1-4 pm
- You pick up your child at the Cornwell Sailing Center at Hull Park at 4 pm
- Norte can shuttle the bikes back to the Wheelhouse for an easy start to the next day of Bike Camp
Example of Bike & Sail cost: $573
- $295 for 2 weeks of sailing camp
- $228 ($120 x 2, minus 10% multi-session discount) for 2 weeks of bike camp
- $25 x 2 for supervised lunch and transportation to Boardman Lake for 2 weeks
More details on Sailing Camp here: tacsailing.org
More details on Bike Camp: elgruponorte.org/bikecamps