Trinity Lutheran School
Young XXXX learning to move and be physically active as part of ordinary life – like going to school! – and then inspiring their parents, teachers, principals, neighbors to do the same is, in our opinion, a powerful means to sustainable well-living and community healthfulness.
Independent, happy, confident, ready to learn youth are empowered to be guardians of their health, develop lifelong habits to move more and sit less and be leaders in their community.
Norte administers Safe Routes To School programs across the Traverse City area as well as in Northport and Elk Rapids. Our programs, projects, and events are dedicated to empowering students of all ages to be active for life.
- The Bike Mas Project: After school, adventure-based bike safety program for upper elementary students
- Estrellas: An in-school, learn to ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes
- Fridays Fantásticos: A weekly celebration of students walking, biking and rolling to school.
- The Great Bike Train Experiment: A network of adult-led bike train connecting neighborhoods to neighborhood schools or bus stops.
- Winter Walk Wednesdays: A #StepItUp inspired celebration of people – big or small – walking to work, school or just for FUN!
- Park & Stroll: Drive as usual but park in a designated area that’s nearby the school and then walk 5-10 minutes on a safe route with your child.
- Bike 2 Bus: Pop-up bike racks at select neighborhood bus stops to bike, park, and bus to school.
- Northern Michigan Bikes to School Day: 2nd Wednesday in May for National Bike to School Day.
- Northern Michigan Walks to School Day: 1st Wednesday in October for National Walk to School Day.
- Winter Bike To Work and School Day: 2nd Friday in February for International Winter Bike To Work and School Day
- Safe Routes To School Hero Awards: Last week of school to celebrate walk/bike to school rockstars
Bike to Bus locations:
Park & Stroll:
Passionate about kids getting themselves to Trinity Lutheran School? Get involved!
The S-Bahn departs from its Station at 219 East 9th Street at 7:35. With a nod to the highly efficient German train, the S-Bahn enjoys a very zig-zaggy ride through beautiful Old Town and Central neighbors to Trinity Lutheran School.
About a 2km ride.
The S-Bahn will arrive back at its Station at 3:20.
A Norte! volunteer will lead The S-Bahn both to and from school. Parents are responsible for getting their child to The S-Bahn Station on time as well as picking them up there after school.
Our trains pride themselves on being punctual. We can’t be late for school therefore The S-Bahn will not wait for anyone.
Bike To School Fridays rules apply:
Safe riding mandatory
Smiles and High Fives encouraged
Please email Tammy LaFaive, the S-Bahn’s chief Conductor, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re planning on riding The S-Bahn.
Google Maps of the Trinity Lutheran train:
Learn more about The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment HERE.
If you are a Bike Champion and would like to get involved at Trinity Lutheran (lots of different things to do…not just leading Bike Trains), please email Norte!’s Safe Routes To School Coordinator, Ty Schmidt, at email@example.com or call 231.709.4410.
#BikeTrinityLutheran #BikeHappy BikeMás