Norte is excited to bring bike valet parking services to the Grand Traverse region.
Our valet allows awesome people who arrive by bike to park like rock stars. No need to stress about where to park the car. Our bike valet is convenient, easy, fast and fun.
Much more than just parking bikes, our bike valet is an important community outreach opportunity for Norte.
We use the valet to encourage and empower Northern Michigan residents and visitors to go by bicycle to help make our town a little bit more awesome. It also helps fund our youth-focused, bike-centric programming including our area-wide Safe Routes To School initiative.
Here’s How It Works:
- You ride your bike to the valet.
- Give us your bike and we’ll give you one of our snazzy Pokemon turned valet stub. Put the Pokemon in your pocket. Don’t lose it.
- Go do your thing. We’ll watch your bike. Don’t worry.
- Return to the valet. Give us your Pokemon and get your bike back.
- Pedal home and give yourself a pat on the back for going by bike and helping Northern Michigan be a little bit more awesome.
We’ve hosted many successful bike valets including at the Downtown Farmers Market, National Cherry Festival, Short’s Fest and other community events.
Why provide bike valet parking at your next event?
1. It’s secure, simple, and environmentally friendly! Host a greener, more sustainable event. Encourage your attendees to arrive to your event via bike. Don’t stress about where to park the car. Park your bike like a rockstar instead. Bike friendly events = awesome events.
2. Safe, secure bike parking. We’ll watch the bikes! No need to worry.
3. Attract the bike crowd. This region has a growing active-for-life scene with more and more people choosing to get around via bicycle. Our bike valet is free for all event participants.
4. Keep your event tidy. With more people choosing to ride, the bike racks (if there are any) will fill up fast. People on bikes will then begin locking up to signposts, pipes, railings, trees, or other unsuitable objects. This can become quite a mess. That’s where we come in!
5. We will also help promote of your event to the bike community. We will share your event via our very engaging social media channels and email blasts to make sure that the Traverse City cycling scene knows that your event is bike-friendly.
6. Support Norte. We are Grand Traverse’s bike-centric, youth-focused advocacy organization dedicated to building happier, healthier, stronger communities by empowering the young at heart.
$25/hour + $50 for set up/tear down
We bring everything including bike racks, table, tent, valet supplies.
Again, the valet is free for all event go’ers.
Our bike valet is a source of funding for our many programs including Safe Routes To School.
We bring everything. We have our own portable tables, tent, signage and racks that we transport to your event via bike trailer. The racks can easily be set-up in a convenient location to maximize visibility and ease of use, as well as security.
We offer bike valet services at both public and private events.
How much does it cost?
$25/hour + 1 hour on each end for set up/tear down. The service is funded by event organizers or sponsors. The valet is free for event attendees.
Again, proceeds from the bike valet go to support our many Safe Routes To School programs which are dedicated to empowering elementary and middle school students to actively transport themselves to school as well as to grow walk/bike culture at our partner schools. Learn more about this HERE.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-883-2453 to bring our bike valet to your next TC event.