The Grand Traverse Varsity Mountain Bike Team
Our Varsity Team is made up of upper middle and high school students from the Grand Traverse region. Much like the Farm and JV Teams, the Varsity Team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
Spring and fall programs consist of practice 3x/week for 5 weeks:
- Spring program starts the 1st week of May
- Fall program starts the 2nd week of September
Practices: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 4:15 – 6:15 pm
All practices start/finish at the Wheelhouse.
Practices will be led by a qualified coach and consist of structured workouts/intervals, skills, and free/fun riding at the Commons, Hickory, Vasa, Civic Center and various City parks.
- Free admission to the Habitat for Humanity Racing for Home at gorgeous 45 North Vineyard on June 9th!
- Free Norte jersey if you don’t already have one
- Already have a jersey from a previous season? No problem! When you register we will provide you with a Norte Store discount code for fresh merch!
- Snacks provided
- End of program pizza party
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a free family membership to the Clubhouse.
The Varsity Team is for 9 – 12th grade students only. Exceptions for younger riders will be made on a case by case basis. All abilities are welcome as we will assign kids to teams based on ability.
Program size is limited, so sign up today:
Registration and payment can also be done in person at the Norte Clubhouse Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5p m. It’s a great idea to call first – 231-883-2404 – because sometimes we are out and about doing things.
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids: