TC Bike Valet
Norte! is excited to bring bike valet parking services to Traverse City.
Our valet allows awesome people who arrive by bike to park like rock stars. No need to stress about where to park the car. Our bike valet is convenient, easy, fast and fun.
Much more than just parking bikes, our bike valet is an important community outreach opportunity for Norte!. We use the valet to encourage/empower Traverse City neighbors and visitors to go by bicycle to help make our town a little bit more awesome. It also helps fund our youth-focused, bike-centric programming including our Safe Routes To School project.
Here’s How It Works:
- You ride your bike to the valet.
- Give us your bike and we’ll give you one of our snazzy Pokemon turned valet stub. Put the Pokemon in your pocket. Don’t lose it.
- Go do your thing. We’ll watch your bike. Don’t worry.
- Return to the valet. Give us your Pokemon and get your bike back.
- Pedal home and give yourself a pat on the back for going by bike and helping Traverse City be a little bit more awesome.
We’ve hosted many successful bike valets including at the Downtown Farmers Market, National Cherry Festival and Summer Microbrew and Music Festival.
Why provide bike valet parking at your next event?
1. It’s secure, simple, and environmentally friendly! Host a greener, more sustainable event. Encourage your attendees to arrive to your event via bike. Don’t stress about where to park the car. Park your bike like a rockstar instead. Bike friendly events = awesome events.
2. Safe, secure bike parking. We’ll watch the bikes! No need to worry.
3. Attract the bike crowd. TC has a growing cycling scene with more and more people choosing to get around via bicycle. Our bike valet will make it easy on them.
4. Keep your event tidy. With more people choosing to ride, the bike racks (if there are any) will fill up fast. People on bikes will then begin locking up to signposts, pipes, railings, trees, or other unsuitable objects. This can become quite a mess. That’s where we come in!
5. We will also help promote of your event to the bike community. We will share your event via our very engaging social media channels and email blasts to make sure that the Traverse City cycling scene knows that your event is bike-friendly.
6. Support Norte!. We are Traverse City’s bike-centric, youth-focused advocacy organization dedicted to developing the next generation of active, happy and bikes-for-life leaders in TC. Our bike valet is a primary source of our funding for our many programs including Safe Routes To School.
We bring everything. We have our own portable tables, tent, “free bike valet this way” signs and racks that we transport to your event via bike trailer. The racks can easily be set-up in a convenient location to maximize visibility and ease of use, as well as security.
We offer bike valet services at both public and private events.
How much does it cost?
$25/hour + 1 hour on each end for set up/tear down. The service is funded by event organizers or sponsors. The valet is free for event attendees.
Again, proceeds from the bike valet go to support our many Safe Routes To School programs which are dedicated to empowering elementary and middle school students to actively transport themselves to school as well as to grow walk/bike culture at our partner schools. Learn more about this HERE.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to bring our bike valet to your next TC event.