Winter More, Northern Michigan!
Winter in Northern Michigan is for embracing. Not complaining about.
- Northern Michigan Rides to See the Lights – Follow our community-sourced map of the best light hot spots in TC, Elk Rapids, Kalkaska, Northport, and Suttons Bay.
- Frozen Rabbit 5K — Hop to it with this 5K to benefit kids on bikes! Proceeds go to the Norte Scholarship Fund.
- Winter Walk Wednesdays – A weekly celebration of people walking to work, school or just for fun during Northern Michigan’s coldest months.
- Traverse City Advocate Academy – A grassroots, community-driven effort aimed at empowering residents to be more effective active transportation champions in Northern Michigan.
- The Great Northern Michigan Shovel Experiment – Crowd-sourced project to keep our neighborhood sidewalks, curb cuts, bus stops and pedestrian bridges clear to keep Northern Michiganders moving.
- Christmas Tree by Bike – Bike-powered delivery of your Christmas tree to the City’s recycling drop site at Hull Park.
- Winter Bike To Work + School Day – Riding your bike to work and school during the winter is a thing here in Northern Michigan.