How To Volunteer at Winter Vasa Domingos
Winter Vasa Domingos are weekly, family-friendly group skis that happen every Sunday through the winter at the Timber Ridge Resort.
Thank you for helping to make these skis great!
A reminder that Vasa Domingos are:
- Welcoming. Always.
- Inclusive. All ages. All abilities.
- Fun. Never boring.
And they are not:
- A guided ski. Nope. They’re a group family skis on marked courses.
- A race. Don’t require fancy skis or spandex either.
How volunteering with Vasa Domingos works:
- Please arrive to the Timber Ridge Resort Lodge by 11:40
- Grab the official Vasa Domingos clipboard with maps and sign-in sheets.
- Welcome the families! Super important. Let them know how it works. Have them sign in!
- Assist with anyone needing rental equipment. Someone from the Vasa Ski Club will be there to help with this process.
- Make sure that rental equipment is put back in proper place after completion of each program.
- Explain the routes to new families using maps on the clipboard.
- Winter Vasa Domingos offer 3 distances:
- Campground loop around Timber Ridge for our youngest skiiers
- 3-4K Out and back from TR on Vasa towards power lines.
- 6K Vasa loop for advanced skiiers (not marked!)
- Start the ski on time.
- Everyone skis out together.
- We 100% support kids who know their way and have the necessary skills to ski alone/sans adult but parents must ride with their child if not.
- It isn’t necessary to sweep trails/wait for everyone to return.
- Make sure we clean-up anything in Timber Ridge that was the results of Vasa Domingo’s
- Take a photo of new names and email us at email@example.com or text us at 231-883-2404. Return clipboard. Give Timber Ridge staffer a high five for supporting kids on skis!
- That’s it. THANK YOU!
Sign up to volunteer HERE.
Learn more about our the Vasa Ski Club HERE.