Bike-Powered Christmas Tree Recycling
The 2018-19 season is finished! See you next year!
With inspiration from the awesome people at Modacity in Vancouver, Norte is excited to again offer bike-powered delivery of your Christmas tree to Traverse City’s recycling drop-off site. Because recycling your tree by bicycle might just be the most awesome thing ever:
- It’s easy. Just make a $25 donation.
- It’s convenient. One less trip for you.
- It’s less wasteful. Turning your tree into mulch rocks!
- It supports Norte. Yay for a stronger, better connected and more bicycle friendly Traverse City!
Here’s How it Works:
1. Donate $25 below.
2. We will contact you via email to schedule your pick up.
3. A Norte volunteer will pedal your Christmas tree to Hull Park using our 8ft, heavy duty bike trailer.
4. Give yourself a pat on the back for supporting happy, healthy, strong kids in Traverse City and recycling your tree into mulch and erosion control for City parks and Brown Bridge Quiet Area.
Pick-ups available in Oak Park, Boardman, Traverse Heights, Central, Slabtown, Kids Creek and Old Town neighborhoods only.
Want to be one of our tree picker uppers?
We’ll provide the fat bike and the trailer. You provide the horsepower. Send us a message at email@example.com to sign up to volunteer.