Bike-Powered Christmas Tree Recycling
2020/2021 Pick-Ups are Happening December 27 – January 5
With inspiration from the awesome people at Modacity in Vancouver, Norte is excited to again offer your Christmas tree’s bike-powered delivery to Traverse City’s recycling drop-off site. Because recycling your tree by bicycle might be the most incredible thing ever.
- It’s convenient. One less trip for you.
- It’s affordable. Just $25.
- It’s less wasteful. Turning your tree into mulch rocks.
- It supports Norte. Yay for a happy, healthy, strong communities.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- Make a payment of $25 below.
- We will contact you via email to schedule your pick up.
- A Norte volunteer will pedal your Christmas tree to Hull Park using our 8ft, heavy-duty bike trailer.
- Pat yourself on the back to support happy, healthy, strong kids in the Grand Traverse region and recycle your tree into mulch and erosion control.
Pick-ups are available in Oak Park, Boardman, Traverse Heights, Central, Slabtown, Kids Creek, and Old Town neighborhoods.
Pick-ups start 12/27/20 and end 1/6/21.
Want to be one of our tree picker-uppers?
We’ll provide the fat bike and the trailer. You provide the horsepower. Please send us a message at email@example.com to sign up to volunteer for a tree or two.