Virtual Grand Traverse Regional Previously Loved Bicycle Yardsale
This Virtual Neighborhood Yard Sale is a great way to support Norte’s vision of a stronger, better connected, and more bike-friendly communities in the Grand Traverse region. All the while, clearing out the garage or basement of bikes and bike stuff that is no longer being used. It’s also a chance to find a good deal on new-to-you pair of wheels, or bike rack, or bike trailer, or…
Norte’s Virtual Neighborhood Yard Sale is open to the public, and proceeds will support the Norte Kids Bike Library.
HOW IT WORKS
The sale itself is hosted virtually and limited to the sale of bikes and bike-related items, like trailers, wheels, tires, small parts, shoes, tools, bells. Basically, anything related to bikes except for helmets.
- Make a Listing – Sellers submit their items for our online form
- Delivery – Sellers bring their sale items to the Clubhouse. Please make an appointment online.
- Window Shop – Buyers can see what’s for sale on our online database.
- Purchasing – Purchases can be made sight-unseen or make an appointment to visit the Wheelhouse to test ride.
Sellers determine a fixed price, and there is no cost for sellers to put up items for sale. The seller will receive payment minus a 20% commission to Norte. If your item sells, checks will be mailed out.
Unsold bikes can be picked up or donated to Norte. Buyers assume any risk of purchasing used equipment and all sales final.
WHAT’S NOT FOR SALE
- Used HELMETS
- Your old TV set, and stuff like that
Purchases can be made online and all sales will be available for pick-up at the Wheelhouse, the bright orange building in the north end of the Grand Traverse County Civic Center.
Anyone who is looking for a previously loved bicycle, or bicycle-related item, is welcome to click through the yard sale to find what they need to be more active. Again, if you’d like to schedule an appointment for an in-person look or pickup, schedule an appointment with our online form.
PAYMENTS (CARD, PAYPAL, CASH, CHECK)
COVID-19 Pandemic Considerations
We want everyone to stay healthy and to stay active – responsibly. The health and safety of Norte’s employees, volunteers, and community are a priority. We are using all reasonable measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission to our employees, volunteers, and community while continuously delivering services to our community.
Norte has instituted enhanced cleaning protocols, and we are practicing safe social distancing for any in-person contact and are avoiding it when possible. We’re also wearing masks and washing our hands a lot. Best practices have been communicated to employees for protecting their health, and we are integrating those practices into our programs and communications.
Prior to visiting the Norte Wheelhouse, please fill out a health assessment. If we need to make other arrangments due to the showing of symptoms, we can do that. All Virtual Yard Sale exchanges will be a contact-free and the number of people allowed inside at any one time limited. If possible, all exchanges will take place outside.
We encourage everyone to follow the best prevention measures for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace a high-five with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.